By deed filed of record, dated January 31, 1980 The State of Oklahoma Department of Transportation conveyed by metes and bounds legal description, this original section of Route 66 back to the prior owners. Such conveyance was made when this section of Route 66 was replaced by a new section of Highway 66 between Arcadia, Oklahoma and Luther, Oklahoma. The parcel was located on, and crossed, a much larger parcel owned by the parties to whom the conveyance was made. A copy of such deed is filed of record at book 4643, page 1591 in the records of Oklahoma County.
This section of the original Route 66 intersects the North side of new Highway 66 East of Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. It is approximately ½ mile in length and contains approximately 5.64 acres